Culture and Work Environment
OEL has created an environment where people aren't just coming to a job. Having fun, working hard, building our careers and futures, making a positive impact in our communities and being proud of our team and company are all things that make up who we are at OEL.
Work Life Balance
Our employees enjoy a flexible schedule that allows them to give time to their passions outside of the office! We have a diverse group of people with diverse interests. OEL encourages employees to find balance between work time and play time so employees remain fresh and on top of their game. An example of OEL's committment to this is our Earned Days Off Program where employees work an extra hour a week throughout the year and enjoy 4 day weekends in the summer and full office closure between Christmas and New Years.
- Extended Health Benefits including coverage for prescription drug and paramedical, as well as dental coverage for each family member
- Health Spending Account to top up areas of the benefits package
- RSP Matching where employees can choose from a variety of investment vehicles that range from low to high risk funds
- Long Term Disability and Critical Illness insurance to cover you and your family for life’s unexpected challenges
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Fitness Benefits: In-house gym with a fitness trainer on site three times/week and classes offered such as Yoga
- Golf Simulator
- Classroom for training opportunities
With a growing number of employees, OEL formed a social committee to ensure that people were getting to know each other. OEL employees can take part in events that include an annual golf tournament, ski trip, Christmas party, family fun days, BBQ's and bowling (just to name a few).
Keeping up to date with the industry, changing standards, and gaining technical knowledge are all reasons that OEL supports an educational program, whether it is safety training, lunch and learns with our vendors, or formalized classroom learning.
OEL began a program in 2011, resulting in office closure between Christmas and New Years.